Cellular Phones/consumer cellular

Question
I'm considering switching from my AT&T plan to Consumer.  It appears to be a big savings.  Are they reliable? will I get good service phone wise?  I still have a lot of questions regarding their plans, but I wanted some feedback as to their quality and reputation.
thanks

Answer
Personally, I think it's not a good idea to go with service from a small wireless carrier. Ones like Consumer are resellers of larger carrier's service and that gives you another middleman between you and your cellular service. Many of these carrier offer what appears to be lower cost plans, however, there are always lots of hidden costs, such as not allowing any mobile to any mobile, roaming charges, no ability to work outside the US, etc. In addition, you are usually very limited in your choice of phones. It's certainly a personal choice, but i personally would only choose a major carrier (and there are only 4 of them). Hope this is helpful.

Cellular Phones

DebiN