Cellular Phones/Old Razr charging

I dug out my old Motorola V3 Razr and plugged it into my computer with USB cord and it charged right up.  However none of my wall chargers work with it, the phone says unable to charge.
The phone has also been cleared, reset, wiped and set to zero.
Do we know why USB wall chargers don't work and computer ports do? I know most people have the opposite problem

Green Bay WI

If the chargers you are using are the ones that came with the device, they should work. If they are third party chargers, they may not work properly. The USB cable into your computer takes out the charger issue so that's why it works properly. Motorola devices can be very finicky and if you use a charger that isnt specifically for the Razr, it won't work properly. I hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years