Cellular Phones/sim or no sim

Question
Someone gave me Samsung SGH-T499 Dart T-Mobile Android 2.2 Cell Phone.   It was my understanding it works with their non-contract prepaid service plan.  This phone does not have that little bracket inside to hold a SIM but is designed like GSM phones.   I thought t-mobile phones reqjjuired a sim?

I'I'm planning to sell this phone and need to know:  what's with the sim or no sim?   I checked the pricing of other used phones like this and several posts indicated what was being sold was a bundle which included the phone and amongst other items the poster included sim card,.

Does Samsung have two versions of this phone, one needs sim, the other not?  Does t-mobile require a sim phone for subscribers while non-contract customers use the phone without a sim?

Answer
The phone that you have does have a slot for a SIM card, you just may not have been able to locate it. There is not a version without a SIM and you are correct that T-Mobile phones don't work without a SIM card. All GSM phones in the US require a SIM card. I would suggest doing a search on line for this particular phone and then the user manual for it. That manual should show you where the SIM card goes. You can also take it into a T-Mobile store to ask them where the SIM card goes. Whoever purchases it will put their SIM card in it. Keep it mind that it should only be sold to someone with T-Mobile service today for the phone to work properly. Thanks.  

Cellular Phones

DebiN