Cellular Phones/adding a new line and getting a new phone

Question
I have sprint as a carrier and lately my little sister has been asking me if I will add her to my plan (my plan is currently just me and my husband) only thing is she wants my phone (HTC ego 3d )and I want a new phone (blackberry q10) but I don't want to pay 600.00 dollars just to get a new phone but I know that when you add a line you get a phone so my question is if I add her to my plan can I give her my phone and get a new phone without having to pay 600.00 and still be able to keep my number ?

Answer
Yes you can add your sister and get a new phone and then give your phone to her and take her phone. You can keep your number and she can either get a new number or port her number from whatever carrier she is with. If she is already with Sprint then she will not be able to get a new phone unless she is upgrade eligible. To do all of this, be sure to do it at a Sprint store. They can very easily swap your number to a new phone and swap her number to your phone. it is super easy and not a problem in any way. Hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

DebiN