I was wondering would you please explain to me: wot does SMS and MMS stand for?

(P.S would you please try to give your answer in a easy way that I can understand)

SMS is Short Message Service otherwise referred to as a Text Message. Text Messaging has a limitation of 160 characters and cannot contain anything except text. With most smartphones if you send a text message that is more than 160 characters, it's basically broken up into groups of 160 characters and  sent to you as if it's all together. Text messages run on the voice part of a network.

MMS is Multimedia Messaging Service and does not have a 160 character limitation and can contain pictures and web links. These messages run on the data network. When you send a message that you think is a text, if its multimedia, it will be mMS, if it's not it will be text. You may not know the difference on your phone, but that's the difference.

A few years ago, when you had a text messaging feature with your wireless carrier, you were charged for the SMS messages out of that bucket (like ten cents and then later fifteen and twenty), but MMS was charged out of your data bucket. Now, the features have both MMS and SMS together.

I hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years