Cellular Phones/Blackberry trackpad not working need keystroke

I have a blackberry curve. The trackpad had been acting up. It would stop working and then I'd remove the battery and it work again. Well now it's not coming back on (if you will) at all.  Just for FYI it's stuck on the search icon at the top of the screen. I figured out how to open applications/folders/files or text or email etc, to some degree. However execution is not 100%.   

One thing, which is where my question comes in, is the calendar. I need to know how after i have opened a seried event, and I get the options menu and select  D on the keyboard for delete and I'm given an option to delete the series or delete the occurance or cancel. Well so Cancel is highlighted, what I need to do is select delete series, but since I ant scroll I'm desperate to find the keypad strokes to select. Every 5 mins my phone is going in and out of snooze. Please help!!!!!

My suggestion is that you take your BlackBerry into your carrier to have it repaired. I'm assuming that this is either an older device you have had for awhile or perhaps you purchased it used? It shouldn't be doing what it's doing so definitely have it repaired. Once you have the trackpad repaired you will be able to scroll down to delete the series. There's really no shortcut to using the trackpad for this stuff unless you just use the key associated with a down arrow. I really suggest getting it repaired though. That will solve your problems, I feel pretty confident. Thanks.

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years