Cellular Phones/Nexus 5 query

Hello Debin,

Hope you are doing good!

I am planning to buy a nexus 5 from US and i am living in India presently.So will Nexus 5 bought from US work in India or I will have to unlock it in India.If i need to unlock it in India then,Please let me know the procedure to unlock it India.

Thanking you in advance.

If the device you buy in the US is locked to a carrier, you will need to unlock it to work with your carrier in India. You would want to make sure that it worked on the bands that you need in India. If you know that this device work in India, you should be fine. There are many carriers, so just make sure that the device works there and it will need to be SIM unlocked if it isn't already. Hope this helps.

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years