Cellular Phones/smart chip not recognized

I recently broke my phone. I am trying to use an old phone but it wont recognize the smart chip. My provider is att,  it is an att smart chip. This is a LG Invision Smart TV phone.

If your current plan with AT&T is a Go plan (prepaid), the SIM won't work in the new phone. If you are on a post paid plan, then the SIM should work in the new phone. If you had a feature phone previously or a 3G phone and your SIM is older, then it won't work in a 4G phone. I would recommend going to AT&T and getting a new SIM and have them move you to the new SIM (it won't work until they deactivate the old one and activate the new one). If it's prepaid, then you just need to contact AT&T and ask them to code the new phone's IMEI into your account so that the SIM will work in the new phone. Hope this helps. Thanks.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years