Cellular Phones/iphone 5 sms message screen

Question
Hi I recently switched over from a 4 to 5 my friend gave me.   The message screen is locked in the horizontal position to see messages, then keyboard covers bottom half of screen in verticle to type.  Can barely see either.  when i rotate the pn
hone to normal position stays like that.  sometimes if i swipe my finger the keyboard dissappears but doesnt solve problem.  Dont see anything about sms screen in controlsthnx alot

Answer
It appears that you may have gotten a phone that does not work properly. If you hard reboot the phone by holding down the home button and power button at the same time and then turn it back on and it still does this then you will need to take it to Apple for repair. I hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

DebiN