Cellular Phones/Basics of using a smartphone

Question
I am a senior and just acquired a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 after using just a basic cell phone for many years. I have spent hours trying to learn how to use it other than making calls, but all the tutorials online seem to be for more advanced users and do demonstrations too quickly for me to understand them. Do you know of a guide for beginners that explains how to do some of the simpler things like deleting those face icons and strange numbers (I don't see the trash can icon) and putting in contacts I really want?

Answer
I think the best thing is to just take each item one at a time and then look up each item. You could also go into your local store where you got your device and ask them to help you with some basics. Regarding deleting items on a smartphone, there isn't a trash basket like on a computer. Typically you simply just touch the horizontal lines at the top right of a message and there is a drop down to delete. You and also just swipe to the left on the message when you are in the list of messages and trash is an option. You can add contacts manually or when you receive a call or text from someone. I hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

DebiN