Cellular Phones/cell phones

I am late to smart phones. I have enough bills that I didn't want to spend the extra. But I am getting some bills paid off soon so I can afford it.

first question. What is this LTE business? I have no clue about most of this. 1 G is that a lot? I use the phone mostly for texting but do my share of talking too.

I found this plan from cricket for $40 a month which is less than I'm paying now:

With quad-core processing power to handle the most demanding tasks, the HTC Desire® 510 takes multi-tasking to a new level. Browse quickly and download and stream your favorite content on a fast LTE network. With a collection of popular features, like HTC BlinkfeedTM and ZoeTM Highlights and a large 4.7" display, the new HTC Desire 510 will surely please those who want an affordable, high-performing Android smartphone.

Discover all the
HTC Desire 510 smartphone has to offer: •4G LTE compatible
•Large 4.7" display
•1.2 GHz quad-core processor for fast multi-tasking
•Dual cameras for pictures and HD video recording
•HTC BlinkfeedTM puts the content you care about up front
•ZoeTM Highlights to effortlessly interlace your pictures and videos into movies for sharing
•Android 4.4 (KitKat)

To make things easier on you, I understand the browse
, download and stream. I understand the 4.7 in display.

for everything else I'm lost. Can you explain it to me? Are you familiar with this phone? Do you know if its good or bad? I  use data currently for reading the news. That's really about all I can do with my phone besides talk and text.

Thanks for your help and MerrYy Christmas to you!

If the $40.00 a month from Cricket includes unlimited voice and text and 1GB of data, that is a very good deal. You will only be using the data when you are not in a WiFi area and are doing things via the Internet, i.e., reading your email, reading news on line, searching for things on line. 1GB should be plenty of data for you.  The HTC Desire is a good device and you will likely enjoy using it. Having a good camera, large screen display, ability to make movies, etc. is good. All these details really relate to the camera and picture taking and movie making.  The processor doesnt make a lot fo difference to the end user. It's similar to explaining the processor in a computer. So, I think you will really enjoy this phone and this is definitely a good deal. Merry Christmas to you too.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years