Cellular Phones/Battery dies fast and then charges fast

I did all I could do with my Android phone's software to try and extend what was becoming ridiculously short battery life so I bought a new battery. I am still getting very short battery life. Today the battery drained to zero in a half hour of use and then was back up to 80% after 5 minutes of charging. What might that mean?

If this happened with two different batteries, I would say that it isn't the battery, it's the phone. There is likely an application that is installed that is running and using up your battery. I would recommend taking the phone into your carrier and having them look at it for you to see what can be done Thanks.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years