Cellular Phones/Call received

I received a call on my cell phone the other night that said "Caller Unknown" The phone number displayed was only 7 digits, 225-5555. Is there a way to find/reveal the area code? If it were an 800 service, would the area code of 800 display?

Carrier: At&T

Thank you for your time and attention!!

What you saw on the caller ID is all that was sent via the carrier who is sending the caller ID info. Oftentimes, not all the digits will be sent and this could be temporary or just the way it was set up. I wouldn't assume it's an 800 number of anything like that. It's possible it was a call from a telemarketing company and all that is sent is those 7 digits. Sorry that this doesn't solve the problem of who was calling, but i hope it helps. Thanks.

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years