Cellular Phones/Voice Cell Phone Texting

Hello Deb

Would you know what they call Cell phones that can do Voice texting?  Not sure if it's called SMS or MMS but there is a name for it. All you do is make a voice recording with your recorder on the Cell Phone then send it to the cell number you entered or if someone sends you a Written text message then you just make your recording then hit reply  I had a Samsung SCH-U640 cell phone  and it would do it but a lot of phones can't.  Maybe you have heard about this or know what is called.  Thank You  Jim Stover

I'm not really sure that I know what you are referring to, but perhaps this may help. Text messaging works on the voice network and it's SMS. MMS is multimedia messaging that works on the data network. You can only use up to 256 characters in an SMS and no pictures, hyperlinks, etc. If you make a voice recording, it would have to be an MMS message and then to send it, you would be sending it either via MMS or email to a cell phone. You can record messages and send them via MMS. Your phone just has to be able to record a message, is all. That would typically entail specific software to do this. I'm assuming your Samsung has that type of feature on it. I'm not really familiar with it, but that does make some sense. Not sure if this helps, but hopefully it may. Thanks.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years