Cellular Phones/Cheapest Options for Straight Talk Phone

Question
I have a Samsung SCH R451c Straight Talk phone which I mostly use in Marion, VA.  The cheapest cards that I am aware of are the $30 ones that give me 1,000 minutes, 1,000 texts, and 30MB of data.  However, in a given month, I rarely go over 5 minutes and 20 texts.  I do not usually browse the Internet with it.  For the most part, I only keep it to make brief communications with my sister via text, to call home from a store, or in case my work or prospective employers want to call me.  Could you suggest for me, please, a way that I may continue using this phone but with a cheaper option that fits my phone habits?  Thank you.

Answer
There are a few pay as you go plans that you can pay for just by the minute, kb, text, etc. but I think what you are paying for what you have is likely the least expensive out there. You may want to check out T-Mobile and AT&T and Verizon and their pay as you go plans, but be careful that you can still get coverage and that you can use the phone. If per minute, its 25 cents per minute, that might work. 30MB isn't typically very expensive and texts are 20 cents per also. If the phone is GSM, it will work with AT&T or T-Mobile (if SIM unlocked) and if CDMA will work with Sprint and Verizon (if flashed to them). I hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

DebiN