Cellular Phones/Texts Received On Verizon Bill

When a text or text with a picture is sent to an iphone from another cell phone, the sender's telephone number is displayed. When a telephone number is not displayed, there are numbers such as . What do these numbers mean? Do they indicate the text message/picture was sent from a computer instead of a phone? Is there a way to find where these numbers come from?

If the cell phone number is not displayed, it typically means either that the number has been blocked or was sent from a computer (as you mentioned). There isn't any way to find out who sent these messages as it is not something that is coded somewhere. If you get a message from someone that you don't know or can't figure out where it came from, you can either set your phone up to block that sender or delete the message before you read it. You can also set up your phone to only receive texts from people in your address book and then those random types of messages won't come to you. Hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years