Cellular Phones/I need some help deciding on a new cell phone.

Question
I have the AT&T Next plan, where I can upgrade once a year, and the next time I can do that is in early September. I just need help deciding which phone to get.

First thing's first. It doesn't matter which operating system the phone is on. I'm not a heavy app user, all I really use is Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, a music downloader, Netflix, and Amazon. I'm not all that into mobile gaming. I'll occasionally download a game I think looks good, then end up deleting it a week later when I get bored with it.

I've considered getting an iPhone 5s, even though the inevitable iPhone 6 will come out soon after I'm upgrade eligible. I just don't really think there'll be anything worth drawing me in to pay an additional however many dollars for the latest iPhone. The main things I don't care for with the iPhone is that they basically want you to pay for all your music, videos, etc. From Apple. That, and I think they're just so abominably mainstream. Aside from that, they seem to be pretty great phones.

I currently have the Galaxy S4, which I love, I just have some minor gripes. Like Google clustering so many features and apps I never really use. I mean sure, Google now is useful in it's own right, just not for me. And once again, app selection is fantastic, but with me, I just end up getting lost amongst all of the useless apps and games available. Sure, they're on par with Apple now in terms of app selection, it just wouldn't make much difference to me, personally.

I've been toying around with the idea of trying windows phone ever since I've seen the Nokia Lumia 920. I just love how the user interface isn't clustered up with things I'm never going to use. Yeah, app selection really is microscopic compared to iOS and Android, but then again, the apps I'm going to use are sure to be there. The only thing I'm concerned with on AT&T is the selection of actual windows phones. The Nokia Lumia 1020 looks amazing with that 41 megapixel camera, and I think it's just about the right size. But I can't help but notice the somewhat outdated processor and screen resolution. I have looked into the Nokia Lumia 1520 as well, which looks absolutely fantastic, with the gorgeous 1080p display and up to date processor. I just think it may be a tad large for me. Although I am using a 5.1" screen now, so it won't be too different. And for what I'm using the phone for, mostly social media and multimedia, that screen size would be ideal, I would say.

So if you could please help me narrow it down, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

Answer
First, my apologies for the delay in responding to your question. I've been a bit busy lately and haven't been able to respond as quickly as I would like.
So, in my opinion, I would recommend either sticking with Android (and getting the new Galaxy S5 which is a great phone!!!) or moving to the iPhone 5S or you could wait until September and get the new iPhone (which should be out by then). I would strongly recommend against getting a Windows phone. I love Windows for computers but for SmartPhones, they just don't cut it. You can't go wrong with iOS. For what you like to do, it can' be easier and uncomplicated. I get it that many people don't like paying for music, etc. and the fact that the iPhone doesn't have a memory card for additional storage is not great and you wind up spending more money for a larger memory device, but you really can't beat the convenience and reliability of Apple. I have both Android and Apple and like them both. So if you would prefer to stay with Android, I can tell you that the Galaxy S5 is really the best Galaxy so far and you won't go wrong if you decide to go that route. So, in a nutshell, in my opinion, steer clear of Windows and either stick wtih Android or go with Apple. Hope this helps.

Cellular Phones

DebiN