Cellular Phones/Retrieving contacts on older cell phone

I have a Nokia 6030 which is about seven years old. When I turned it on this morning, hundreds of my contacts were missing; only six names remained. My carrier is T-Mobile. I contacted Customer Support and a representative said there was no way to retrieve the lost contacts. What way is there? Thank you.

I''m not sure how the phone lost the contacts. That is very unusual and just because it's old doesn't mean it should do that. Unfortunately, your carrier is correct. They can't do anything about this. If your contacts weren't backed up to either the SIM card or the Cloud (i.e., your carrier's backup network Cloud that you would have to pay for) then unfortunately they are lost. I wish that I could give you some good news but I am very sorry that I don't have good news on this one. I still don't know how they got lost but I wish I did.

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years