Cellular Phones/Samsung galaxy note 3

Question
Yesterday during a call my samsung galaxy note 3 turned itself off maybe my battery was almost dead... I charged it after that but there is no any sign on the phone that indicates it is charging and also the phone only gets hotter and i cannot turn on my phone.. It is not responding.. What can be wrong? And btw i bought it only a week before so i am little worried.

Answer
Since this is a brand new device, it is under warranty with your carrier for 12 months.  I would strongly recommend that you take it to your carrier and show them what is going on. It's very likely there is an issue with this particular device and they should replace it for you right away.  Your phone should not get overly hot nor should it turn itself off unless the battery is completely drained.  When a battery is completely dead, it takes awhile before it will show it's charging. But if you have charged it for a couple of hours and it isn't actually charged, then it definitely needs to be taken in.  I hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

DebiN