Cellular Phones/phone call

Question
I called my friends cell phone it wrung 5 times then someone other than my friend picked up. I checked to make sure it was my friends number and it was.  When I asked her about it she said she never got the call. Is it possible the lines got mixed somehow and even though it was her number it actually went to a different line.

Answer
It's pretty uncommon for cell numbers to get crossed. Did you ask the person who answered what his number was or did you give him the number and ask if that's what you called? I'm assuming you looked at your phone and saw the number. Is it possible that someone other than your friend got a hold of her phone and answered when you called? In any event, if a number got crossed, it was pretty uncommon. Hope that helps!

Cellular Phones

DebiN