Cellular Phones/Verizon compatible devices

Question
Hello,
One of your archived answers saved me from buying a GSM device. Thank you. Could a WCDMA or RUIM device be used on Verizon's USA network?
Thanks,
Martin

Answer
Today's Verizon devices work on their CDMA, EVDO and GSM LTE networks. Most of the US carriers are all utilizing LTE for their networks but still need to be backwards compatible for areas that aren't up to LTE yet. My advice is to see if whatever device you are considering is one that Verizon sells or has sold in the past. If it isn't, I wouldn't purchase it. You really want a device that is either locked to Verizon or was the exact model sold by Verizon Otherwise, you can potentially have compatibility issues. I hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

DebiN