Cellular Phones/cellphone incompatability

Question
I recently paid an online service a fee to unlock my Blackberry Curve 9360 which had been locked to Wind network here in Canada. I was sent a code which didn't work so I then responded to their email regarding their service. After several emails back and forth and after watching instructional videos, I inputted an MEP2 code which seemed to unlock the device as it went searching for a network. I then inserted a SIM with a pay as you go Bell account. No network. I consulted Bell several times and was eventually told that I should take phone to Wind and have them unlock it properly. Returning to the people who unlocked it for any more help I have been told by them that this device is not compatible with Bell network but will work on Rogers etc. Can you explain that and suggest to me a course f action please?

Answer
I am so sorry that the company was so dishonest with you. There are CDMA networks and GSM. If your phone works on one then it doesn't on the other. I'm not sure why you were looking to unlock the phone as it is always wiser to just get a new phone with the carrier you want to be with. However with your situation your phone will not work with the other carrier because it is incompatible. I'm so sorry you spent all that time and also money. That on line company is a ripoff in my opinion.  

Cellular Phones

DebiN