Cellular Phones/Cell camera abuse

Question
Dear DebiN,

Has there ever been any discussion- even of laws- that address the abuse of picture-taking, recording other people?

I recall years back, there was a TV commercial where a guy uses a new feature on his cell phone to spy on an attractive woman walking behind him. How that is funny or even cool, I can't figure it out.

I've seen camera cells used to bully and play mind games on people. Some guys are pretty brazen about it.

This phenomenon is like prank calls. No one can seem to do anything about them. Is there anything that can be done? Because it's an invasion of property and one obviously used by bullies who feel they can get away with it.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

David

Answer
Currently I'm not aware of any type of laws that prevent this. Just like the way they now charges taxes for purchases made on line and paypal providing 1099s for people who sell on line, eventually things will catch up and there will likely be more regulation regarding picture taking. With practically every single person having a camera 24 by 7 it makes regulation pretty difficult. Hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

DebiN