Cellular Phones/Motorola i920

I recently purchased a Motorola i920 phone. I see that it uses iDen and GSM technology, but when I insert my T-Mobile SIM card, I shows a subsidy lock code. What can I do to use this phone with my T-Mobile service?

The phone you have wont work with T-Mobile because phones that work on the old Spring iDEN network that no longer exists will not work on any other network. My recommendation is that if you need a phone to work with T-Mobile then you would want to purchase a refurbished phone branded by T-Mobile or one directly from them. I'm sorry that the phone you have wont work for you. Thanks and I hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years