Cellular Phones/How do I remove SIM card (Samsung A640)

Question
Trying to put my mom's card into this phone so that she may use it. I've found page after page of articles saying "remove the SIM card and..." but they don't tell you how to do this. Where is the SIM card located in the phone, and how do you get it out of the phone? It's a Samsung A640.(Yes, I'm new to cell phones lol)

Answer
Hi Kryz -

The Samsung A640 is a CDMA device that was sold by Sprint and Qwest. CDMA phones in the United States do not use SIM cards. The ESN number of the device is coded to your wireless number by the wireless provider in order to make your phone work. Only the GSM providers (i.e., T-Mobile and AT&T) use SIM cards. In order for your mother to use this phone, she would need to have Sprint service and then she should give Sprint a call and let her know that she is going to be using a new phone. She would then give them the ESN number of this phone (located under the battery on a white sticker) and her current mobile number and they would then make her mobile number work with this phone. As long as the bill is paid up to date on the phone and it is no longer associated with any other Sprint number, Sprint will be happy to do this for her.

Where did you get this phone? Does your mother have Sprint service today? Thanks so much. DebiN

Cellular Phones

DebiN