Cheerleading/heel stretch

Why can I do a heel stretch sitting but when I stand up I can't?

Doing a heel stretch standing up uses many more muscles than doing one while sitting down therefore more muscles need to be flexible. In order to get one standing up, you'll need to work on the flexibility of both legs, not just the one you lit up. The best way to d this is the splits and/or sitting in a straddle and stretching that way.  

I can answer questions on partner stunts, dismounts, basket tosses, choreography, pyramids, jumps, motions, chants, and formations. I can answer questions on tryouts, coaching, general cheerleading, etc. I cannot answer questions on co-ed stunts/pyramids or tumbling. Aside from these areas I can usually answer, or direct you to an answer, on any other topic.

I've been cheerleading for 10 years. My teams consistently competed at the national level, placing many times. I've coached for the past 5 years, and the team I coached most recently became National Champions. I've cheered at the Pop Warner, High School, and All-Star levels. I coach alongside my mother and sister who have coached at the all-star level as well. I've been watching cheerleading since I was 4, and I can create routines, give advice, and help teach kids how to deal with competitions. I have a knack for coaching and giving advice. I'm always the coach designated to give the pep talks to the kids before competitions.

I have been living with cheerleading coaches for 10+ years which teaches more than anyone can imagine. I was captain of my Varsity High School squad which came with the responsibility of picking music, writing a cheer, creating and teaching the routine, and making the formations. I have also coached nationally ranked teams for 5 years.

Two-time All-State Cheerleader nominee All-State Class M Cheerleader Varsity Cheer Captain

The 32 young girls I just helped coach to a national championship! :) It wasn't easy, but they'll all say the work was worth it in the end.