Cheerleading/Rules

Question
I am a coach for a varsity jr. high team ( 6th-8th grade). I am in Westland MI. and I am looking for the stunting rules in regards to "show and goes", load in options , and dismount options. I have a very strong stunt group, who have been together for years. I would like to challenge them, but want to make sure that their stunts are legal. Where would I find that information? Thank you!

Answer
Usually jr. high teams follow similar guidelines as high school teams. In MI it's the MHSAA that states the rules and guidelines for high school cheer. Each state is different and unfortunately I don't know the rules for MI. Usually there's a way (probably online) to purchase a rule book. Generally if the stunts are not inverted (with the exception of pyramids), if there's two bases and a backspot, and nobody lets go of the flier, it's probably legal. But as you know, you can never be too sure.

Cheerleading

Chris