Chess/winning a game of chess

Question
I would like to know if any player has won the game of chess after loosing the queen early on in the game.(in any of the major world championship)

Also, if two equal players are playing and all factors remaining the same, what is the probability of winning a game of chess, without the queen.

Answer
Hi Anil,

My answers are as follows:

1) No, this would be too big of a material disadvantage.  It would only work if giving up the Queen was a sacrifice, but this hasn't happened to my knowledge.

2) The statistical probability of a draw being the result would be high.  Of course though, what could occur and decide the game for either player, is who makes the last mistake of the game.

For your enjoyment, here's a game played in 1862 by the first World Chess Champion, in which he sacrifices his Queen on the 11th move, though this wasn't a World Championship game:

White "Serafino Dubois"
Black "Wilhelm Steinitz"

1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.d3 Bc5 5.O-O d6 6.Bg5 h6 7.Bh4
g5 8.Bg3 h5 9.Nxg5 h4 10.Nxf7 hxg3 11.Nxd8 Bg4 12.Qd2 Nd4
13.Nc3 Nf3+ 14.gxf3 Bxf3 15.hxg3 Rh1# 0-1

Len Molden

Chess

Len Molden