Chess/Chess Hand Rule

Dear Len

Is there any rule in Chess game where the player who plays with a either White or Black has to use the same Hand for making moves?.

Hi Prashant,

The rule is that you must press the chess clock with the same hand as you use to move your pieces.  From what I know, you can use either hand to move the pieces, as long as you use the same hand to press the clock:

Len Molden  

Len Molden

Questions about specific chess openings and advice about which opening repertoire is suited to a particular style. For example, the Sicilian Defense is suited to aggressive players, while the Caro Kann Defense appeals to defensive players.

I've been studying chess since I was 12. Apart from a vast library of specialized chess opening books, I also have a huge database collection of games.

University, College

I've been playing in chess tournaments in the United States and Canada since 1972. I've won many tournaments in both countries and I'm ranked as a Canadian Expert. I've also written articles for chess magazines and one of my best victories ever is featured here:

Chess Team Competition

My site helps chess players from around the world with free advice.