Chess/Rapid chess Games.

Dear Len

Do you feel that the Chess player who can play with both Hands in Rapid chess Games will have an edge over the Chess player who can play with only one Hand?.

Hi Prashant,

I actually do feel there would be a very slight advantage, since the player who can use both hands will always have the clock closest to his hand moving the pieces.  

It might only amount to small fractions of seconds but any little bit shaving off time helps.

Len Molden  

Len Molden

Questions about specific chess openings and advice about which opening repertoire is suited to a particular style. For example, the Sicilian Defense is suited to aggressive players, while the Caro Kann Defense appeals to defensive players.

I've been studying chess since I was 12. Apart from a vast library of specialized chess opening books, I also have a huge database collection of games.

University, College

I've been playing in chess tournaments in the United States and Canada since 1972. I've won many tournaments in both countries and I'm ranked as a Canadian Expert. I've also written articles for chess magazines and one of my best victories ever is featured here:

Chess Team Competition

My site helps chess players from around the world with free advice.