Chess/Chess moves automated recording machine.

Dear Len

Is it useful to have a automated chess moves recording machine kept besides the clock?
This will eliminate the manual moves written by the chess players.

Hi Prashant,

It could be for some players as I've seen players use them and they like them.  For me, I still prefer writing the moves down, as sometimes when doing this, I have a second thought on what move I should make.  In other words - it's not so automatic as just entering on a chess recording machine.

I think though, that as the prices become lower on such devices, more and more people will choose this method.

Len Molden

Questions about specific chess openings and advice about which opening repertoire is suited to a particular style. For example, the Sicilian Defense is suited to aggressive players, while the Caro Kann Defense appeals to defensive players.

I've been studying chess since I was 12. Apart from a vast library of specialized chess opening books, I also have a huge database collection of games.

University, College

I've been playing in chess tournaments in the United States and Canada since 1972. I've won many tournaments in both countries and I'm ranked as a Canadian Expert. I've also written articles for chess magazines and one of my best victories ever is featured here:

Chess Team Competition

My site helps chess players from around the world with free advice.