Chevrolet Repair/MOTORHOME 454 CHEVY

Question
HI TOM.I HAD THE 454 MOTORHOME WE HAVE BEEN DISCUSSING.I PULLED VALVE COVER ALL WAS WELL,WHEN I RE INSTALLED WE FOUND PLUG WIRES WERE ON WRONG CYLINDERS,NO MORE HEAVY TICKING.NOW IT IS NOT GETTING ENOUGH GAS TO KEEP RUNNING.WHEN I PINCH OFF RETURN FUEL LINE TO TANK.IT WILL RUN FINE.I THINK WE NEED TO BOOST FUEL PRESSURE BEINGS NOW ITS RUNNING ON ALL 8 CYLINDERS.ANY THOUGHTS IS ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP THE WAY TO GO.OR ELDEBROCK MAKES A HIGHER OUTPUT MECHANICAL ONE THAT SHOULD BOLT UP IN PLACE OF OLD PUMP ON BLOCK?THANKS ALOT

Answer
HI DAVE,MAKE SURE THE LINES ARE IN GOOD SHAPE AND NOT SUCKING AIR.. IF YOU FELL THE PROBLEM STILL IS LOW FUEL PRESSURE GET A NEW PUMP.THIS SHOULD BE NO BIG DEAL..VERY POSSIBLE THE PUMP  JUST GOT WEAK FROM SITTING SO LONG....SO, I WONDER HOW THE WIRES GOT CROSSED AND WHY WOULD THIS MAKE IT TICK UNLESS THE LIFTER FREED UP AFTER AWHILE ???? GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME..TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS