Chevrolet Repair/1999 suburban cylinder 5 misfire

Question
QUESTION: My suburban misfire sat idle only but have done complete tune up replaced the old shitty injectors with the new mfi ones brand new O2's. haven't replaced the knock sensors or cam or crank sensors. I was think valve so head needs changed. I did have to redo the adjustments on the cylinder 5 which fixed it for a day then came back.

ANSWER: HI MIKE,ARE YOU SAYING YOU HAD TO ADJUST THE VALVES ?? YOU SAY ADJUSTMENT ???? THIS WORKED OK AND THEN PROBLEM CAME BACK !!!  IF THIS IS THE CASE I WOULD REMOVE THE VALVE COVER AGAIN AND TAKE A REAL GOOD LOOK AT THE ROCKER ARM AND SHAFT ASSEMBLY..THERE HAVE BEEN SOME PROBLEMS WITH THE ROLLER ROCKERS ON THESE ENGINES...LET ME KNOW IF I DID NOT FULLY ANSWER YOUR QUESTION..TOM

QUESTION: Yes I had to adjust the valves cause the intake one was to tight and holding the valve open and flooding the cylinder with fuel I know when I had the valve cover off they didn't look worn or anything but I thought about swapping the rockers on cylinder 5 with a pair I have on a vortec head.

Answer
HI MIKE,I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE INTAKE GOT TIGHT TO BEGIN WITH UNLESS SOMBODY DID THIS BEFORE...ARE YOU SURE THE VALVE IS NOT STICKING IN THE GUIDE,HOLDING THE VALVE OPEN ???? CK TO MAKE SURE THE ROCKER ARM AND SEAT LOOK OK..IF SO I SUSPECT THE GUIDE IS HANGING UP THE VALVE STEM,THE VALVE STEM IS BENT...WAS THIS ENGINE EVERY HYDRO LOCKED ??? WATER IN THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER ??? THIS WILL BEND VALVES.IF VALVE IS BENT TIME FOR A NEW VALVE..YOU WILL NEED TO REMOVE THE VALVE SPRING TO CK THIS.. THIS HOWEVER IS VERY UNUSUAL TO HAPPEN..IF YOU DO FIND A PROBLEM WITH THE ROCKER ARM REPLACE IT WITH THE SAME YEAR AS YOUR ENGINE IS..DO NOT MIX MATCH.SOMETIMES THIS LIFT WILL BE DIFFERENT THAT YOUR EYE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PICK UP. SHOULD NOT COST YOU MUCH..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS