Chevrolet Repair/2005 Chevy Uplander Air Shocks

Question
Hi Tom,
I install new air shocks ( Gabrielle Hi-Jackers)and used the one old line connection and spliced a new where the old one wouldn't reach on the left.  After some time I noticed the compressor kept kickin in and out.  Then I noticed that the van was riding harder on the side with the old connection. Long story short: the old connection was leaking.  I just installed the proper line and wondering how do I get it to inflate?  One shock is extended and the other is not.  I drove it thinking that the compressor would kick in but it has not as of yet.  Any suggestion?  Maybe I need to somehow deflate the one that has been working???

Thanks,
Tim

Answer
HI TIM, THIS IS STRANGE,,BEACAUSE IF ONE SIDE LEAKS THE OTHER SIDE SHOULD LEAK OUT AS WELL..IF YOU TAKE THE LINE OFF THE SIDE THAT IS NOT LEAKING THE SHOCK SHOULD DEFLATE ITSELF UNLESS THERES A ONE WAY VALVE THAT PREVENTS THE AIR FROM LEAKING DOWN [BACK FLOW VALVE] ? OR RESTRICTION IN THE LINE OR NEW SHOCK, WHICH I CAN NOT BELIEVE THERE WOULD BE SOMETHING LIKE THIS. WHAT I I THINK IS HAPPENING IS THE LOAD SENSOR ON THE SUSPENSION IS NOT WORKING CORRECT..IT THINKS THE VAN IS IN THE CORRECT RIDING HEIGHT WHICH WILL NOT TURN ON THE AIR COMPRESSOR.. SO,REMOVE THE LINE ON THE SHOCK THAT IS NOT LEAKING AND THAT SHOULD EMPTY THE SHOCK OF AIR, ONCE RELEASED PUT THE LINE BACK ON AND CK TO MAKE SURE THE LOAD SENSOR ON THE REAR SUSPENION IS MOUNTED CORRECT.IF SO,, LET THE CAR DOWN AND STRAT IT UP AND SEE IF THE AIR COMP TURNS ON..IF SHOULD. IF NOT, YOU EITHER HAVE COMP PROBLEMS OR WIRING PROBLEMS. LETS TAKE ONE STEP FIRST..LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT,,,,TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS