Chevrolet Repair/Brake Swithch

Question
i have a 2001 chevy 1/2 ton silverado, i have replaced the bulbs on the brake lights and tail lights three times in the last 2 months they have worked for a while then go out, now i have tail lights but no brake lights, but my cab light still works, possible a brake switch if so where would that be located?

Answer
HI CHANCE,THE BRAKE SWITCH IS LOCATED AT THE BRAKE PEDAL BASE.IF YOU LOOK UNDER THE DASH BY THE BRAKE PEDAL YOU WILL SEE A SWITCH BY THE BASE OF THE PEDAL..HOWEVER I DO NOT FEEL THAT THE PROBLEM IS HERE. IF I WERE YOU I WOULD BE LOOKING AT THE WIRING HARNESS BY THE DRIVERS SIDE OF THE BED IN THE BACK SIDE OF THE BED WHERE THERE IS THE MAIN HARNESS THAT YOU WILL SEE ,CK THE PLUG CONNECTION BACK THERE AND ALL OF THE WIRING FROM THAT POINT UP TO THE BACK LIGHTS.OLDER TRUCKS THIS CONNECTION FILLS UP WITH CORROSION. THE FACT THAT YOUR CENTER BRAKE LIGHT ON THE CAB WORKS TELLS ME THE BLS [BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH] IS WORKING CORRECT. CK THIS WIRING AND GET BACK TO ME..GOOD LUCK,,,TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS