Chevrolet Repair/Cavalier with no power beyond the fuse box

Question
MY 2001 chevy cavalier isnt getting any power beyond the fuse box all the gauges and lights and everything electrical inside wont turn on at all it would do this when it was running but would sometimes turn off while i was driving over rail road tracks or over a pot hole it will turn over and i can hear the fuel pump but it will run for about 3 seconds so im wondering what is wrong with my car

Answer
HI DUELL,CK THE WIRING DOWN AT THE STARTER.. THERE IS 2 OR 3 WIRES GOING TO THE CENTER POST OF THE STARTER SOLENOID. ONE IS THE POS CABLE VERY BIG AND THE OTHERS SHOULD BE SMALL GOING TO THE SAME POST. THESE SUPPLLY POWER TO THE FUSE BOX AND ALSO OTHER VARIOUS SPOTS OF THE POWER SYSTEM TO YOUR CAR. CK THE WIRES REAL GOOD,THEY MAY ALSO BE FUSEABLE LINKS. CK FOR POWER BEFORE AND AFTER THEM. MAKE SURE THEY ALL HAVE BATTERY VOLTAGE [[[12 VOLTAGE]] GET A TEST LIGHT OR VOLT METER TO CK..ALSO CK FOR ANY LOOSE CONNECTIONS TO AND FROM THE BATTERY CABLES AND GROUND CIRCUITS.ALSO SEE IF YOUR CAR HAS A SEPERATE POS CABLE GOING TO THE FUSE BOX FROM THE BATTERY CABLE SOME DO AND SOME DO NOT.SOMETIMES THEY CORRODE OR GET LOOSE...THE FACT THAT YOU LOOSE POWER OVER BUMPS TELLS ME SOMETHING IS LOOSE OR CORRODED. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT AND GOOD LUCK,,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS