Chevrolet Repair/transmission

Question
i put the car in gear but it wont move tranny never sliped at all it just wont move what could be wrong

Answer
HI LARRY,WELL THE FIRST THING I WOULD CK IS THE TRANSMISSION OIL,START IT UP AND CK THE STICK. MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON LEVEL GROUND ...IF OIL IS FULL. CK THAT THE LINKAGE IS MOVING,HAVE SOMEONE SHIFT THE GEAR SELECTOR WHILE YOU WATCH THE LINKAGE ON THE TRANSMISSION TO SEE IF IT IS MOVING,IF IT IS MOVING THE NEWS IS NOT GOOD. TIME FOR A TRANSMISSION OVERHAUL !!! IF THE OIL IS VERY LOW, TOP IT OFF AND REPAIR THE LEAK,SUCH AS POSSIBLE COOLING LINE BROKEN GOING TO THE RADIATOR OR TRANS PAN GASKET IS LEAKING. IF THE LINKAGE ON THE TRANS IS NOT MOVING THEN THE SHIFT CABLE BROKE OR THE GEAR SHIFTER IS BROKEN, WHICH WOULD BE VERY GOOD NEWS FOR YOU..MAY NEED NEW CABLE..LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,WE WILL HOPE FOR THE BEST.TOM.

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS