Chevrolet Repair/truck

Question
how much would it cost to convert a automatic transmission to a 5 speed manual transmission in a 1997 chevrolet s10

Answer
HI MICHAEL,THIS DEPENDS IF YOU ARE GOING TO GO USED VERSUS NEW..I WILL ASSUME USED FOR THE TRANSMISSION AND CLUTCH AND BRAKE PEDAL ASSEMBLY. ALL ELSE WILL BE NEW SUCH AS CLUTCH DISC, PRESSURE PLATE AND TOB..THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS IS CALL AROUND TO YOUR LOCAL BONE YARDS AND FIND A TRUCK LIKE THIS AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN GRAB FROM IT..YOU MAY ALSO NEED TO GET THE DRIVESHAFT AS WELL. YOUR BONE YARD WILL BE ABLE TO TELL YOU WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO CONVERT OVER..THEY HAVE ALL OF THIS INFO AT THERE FINGERTIPS ON THERE SOFTWARE .. SO ONCE YOU FIND THE PARTS ARE YOU GOING TO INSTALL THEM ??? :::
USED TRANSMISSION= $250.00,CLUTCH AND BRAKE PEDAL SET UP $100.00, NEW CLUTCH DISC KIT $250- $275.00,NEW CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER AND SLAVE CYLINDER WITH LINE $200.-$250.00 DRIVESHAFT IF NEEDED $50.00. YOU MAY ALSO NEED TO REPLACE YOUR BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER TO FIT WITH A MANUAL CLUTCH SET UP.NEW BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER $80.00 YOUR JUNK YARD WILL TELL YOU IF YOU NEED THIS. IF YOU TAKE THIS TO A SHOP I WOULD THINK = 12 TO 14 HOURS OF LABOR @ $80 TO $90 PER HOUR.      YOU OR YOUR MECHANIC WILL NEED TO CUT A HOLE IN YOUR FLOOR AND IN YOUR FIREWALL FOR THE NEW BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER..THIS IS NOT A JOB FOR THE FAINT HARTED..SO AFTER READING THIS HOW BAD DO YOU WANT YOUR MANUAL TRNSMISSION ???? WE HAVE DONE THIS KIND OF JOB, IT IS NOT FUN..IF YOU YOURSELF DO THIS AND HAVE TIME AND TOOLS THIS IS NOT SO BAD, AGAIN TAKES TIME AND YOU NEED TO BE SURE WHERE YOU NEED TO CUT THINGS..ONE LAST THING THE FIREWALL AFTER YOU CUT IT WILL NEED TO BE BRACED [REINFORCED] SO IT WILL NOT FLEX WHEN PUSHING THE CLUTCH AND BRAKE PEDAL..WHEN YOU GO TO THE BONEYARD CK THE FIREWALL OF WHAT YOU ARE TAKING IT OUT OF TO CK HOW THE GENERAL DID IT..GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT,,,,TOM.

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS