Chevrolet Repair/1987 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale speedometer

Question
Old pigtail connector
Old pigtail connector  

Speed sensor in car
Speed sensor in car  
I have a 1987 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale, with a 3.8-liter V6 engine.

My speedometer stopped working, and (in a tuneup class), it was discovered that the speed sensor (whose original GM part number was 8661914, per my research) was disconnected.

The pigtail connector -- to the instrument cluster, I suppose -- had a corroded outer rubber shell, and the teacher couldn't plug it back in.  Also, I noticed, from a photo I took of the sensor, that the sensor also didn't have anything connected to it when I took the picture.

I've been having a hard time finding wiring/connector(s) to the speed sensor.  One idea is to find a pigtail connector to the instrument cluster.  How can I find out what connector to get, however, and where?  Also, I need to connect the other side, I understand, to the sensor, which has two prongs in an oval about a half-inch by 3/8ths of an inch, and I need something that will work on that.  (A dealer couldn't find anything even listed for my car in terms of speed-sensor wiring or connector.)

The last day of class is this coming Friday, so I'm hoping to have the connectors and wiring by then so that the speedometer can be repaired in class.

I'll attach an image of the messed up pigtail connector (teacher is holding it), and the speed sensor, which is apparently non-connected, as mentioned.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Answer
HI GEORGE,AROUND MY PARTS, [NY]THIS HAPPENS OFTEN AND WE CALL OUR LOCAL BONEYARD FOR PARTS LIKE THIS. IF THEY CAN NOT FIND ONE HERE LOCAL THEY SEARCH OUT ALL OVER THE COUNTRY TILL THEY FIND ONE..I THINK IF YOU CALL AROUND TO YOUR LOCAL JUNK YARDS SOMEONE WILL HAVE THIS HARNESS CONNECTOR,BECAUSE THIS PROBABLY FITS MANY GM CARS.[WHICH THEY WILL KNOW] THIS WILL BE A VERY EASY REPAIR ONCE YOU GET THE PLUG FOR IT. DEALERS WILL BE OF NO HELP TO YOU BECAUSE OF THE AGE OF YOUR CAR. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK..TOM.  

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS