Chevrolet Repair/1993 Chevy k1500 4x4 spark problems

Question
Ok so I have a 1993 chevy 1500 4x4 with the 4.3 v6 and about three months ago i put a new ICM on it and a tune up because it quit on me on day out of nowhere found out it was the ICM. Well recently i was helping a buddie move and i was waiting outside to get another load and it suddenly sounded wierd it was just ideling to. well i got down the road like 5 minutes later and it died on me. so i figured it was just that ICM. got a new one and put it on has spark to and from the coil but not to plugs. so i got a pick up coil and put it on the distributor and when i took the distributor out the rotor button was facing the fire wall. well when i put it back in with the new pickup coil it would only seed flush with the button facing to the right or the left. so i tried that putting the cap back on and still no spark. if it jumped time it would still spark just in a different order. im stumped.

Answer
HI ADAM,IF I AM READING THIS CORRECT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A BAD DIST-CAP OR ROTOR. IF THERE IS SPARK AT THE COIL AND NOTHING TO THE PLUGS THIS IS A CAP OR ROTOR PROBLEM. CK THE BOTTOM OF THE ROTOR TO MAKE SURE IT DID NOT SHORT OUT TO THE DIST SHAFT. [VERY COMMON]..THIS ALSO SOUNDS LIKE THE TIMING MAYBE OFF ONE OR TWO TEETH,BUT IT SHOULD RUN LIKE THIS, YOU WILL JUST NEED TO TURN THE DIST IN THE CORRECT POSITION TO GET IT TO RUN CORRECT WITH GOOD TIMING SPECS..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS