Chevrolet Repair/1996 cavalier

Question
Hello all! I have a 1996 chevrolet cavalier and i read everyones problems, so i followed the advice rom everyone and unplugged the tcc replaced the map sensor as well because that was a code that came up, also had a leaking fuel pressure regulator that I replaced and now the car is worse then before I changed all this stuff! It runs for a few minutes and then starts the chugging and dying problem sometimes takes awhile to restart? please help!

Answer
HI ROBERT,THIS SOUNDS LIKE A FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM...HAVE YOU CHECKED FOR FUEL PRESSURE AFTER THE ENG DIES.IF NOT REMOVE THE SHRADER VALVE CAP ON THE FUEL LINE GOING UP TO THE THROTTLE BODY. YOU WILL SEE A WHAT LOOKS LIKE A TIRE VALVE STEM CAP [BLACK] REMOVE THIS CAP AND PUSH DOWN ON THE VALVE INSIDE WHILE SOMEONE CRANKS THE ENG OVER FOR 10 SECONDS [WHEN THIS DIES]IF NO FUEL IS SPARYING OUT THE ENTIRE TIME THE ENG IS CRANKING OVER YOU MAY HAVE A BAD FUEL PUMP RELAY OR WIRING PROBLEMS OR JUST A BAD FUEL PUMP...GET BACK TO ME AFTER YOU TEST THIS AND I WILL TELL YOU HOW TO CK FOR A FAULTY FUEL PUMP..I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK,,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS