Chevrolet Repair/2 blown computers

Question
QUESTION: I had an amp and 2 8" sub woofers added to my 2008 Chevy Silverado.  About 6 months after the amp was installed, I would start my truck in the morning and it would be slow to start and the clock was reset at 12:00.  Then last week the truck wouldnt start at all.  After having it towed to mechanics, they had to replace both of the computers in the truck.  Is this possible from a bad install at the stereo installation place?  Thanks

ANSWER: HI SHAUN, YES IT IS POSSIBLE..THIS DEPENDS ON WHERE THEY ARE GETTING THERE POWER FROM. IT DOES NOT TAKE TO MUCH TO BLOW A BODY CONTROL MODULE. [BCM].STATIC CHARGE CAN TAKE ONE OUT. IT CAN ALSO FEED INTO THE PCM,POWER CONTROL MODULE.. I WOULD SUGGEST REMOVING THIS AMP AND FIND OUT WHERE THEY ARE GETTING THE POWER FROM..I WOULD THINK A SAFE BET IS THE BATTERY ITSELF AND STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING IN THE CAB OF THE TRUCK..I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK,,,TOM..

QUESTION: The mechanic said they ran one wire to the battery and another wire that was tiny was hooked up to the ignition

Answer
HI AGAIN SHAUN,THIS WIRE TO THE IGN SWITCH BOTHERS ME BECAUSE IT COULD OF BACK FED INTO THE BCM
WHICH COULD OF TAKEN OUT THE POWER CONTROL MODULE...I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THIS WIRE FED BUT IF IT SHORTED OUT TO GROUND THATS ALL IT WOULD TAKE !!!! I WOULD HAVE TEHM RECONNECT THIS AND KEEP IT AWAY FROM ANY KIND OF POWER SOURCE IN THE CAB..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS