Chevrolet Repair/G M 5.7 engine

Question
I have a2001 chevy express cargo van 3500 one ton 350 v8 559000 miles.van sat for about a week.  I went to start it and it wouldnt start.  Changed fuel pump, van started but ran rough.  Put fresh gas in went for test drive and the van quit while going down the road a half mile from gas station.  I was recommended to replace cap and rotor.  Van started and ran smooth.  Drove for about 2 miles and engine shut off  It turns over but will not start or fire.

Answer
HI LESTER, YOU WILL NEED TO SEE IF THERE IS SPARK AND FUEL..I KNOW YOU JUST REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP BUT YOU MAY HAVE A WIRING ISSUE'S ON TOP OF THE TANK SENDING UNIT...I COULD GET INTO ALL KINDS OF THINGS IT COULD BE BUT LETS FIND OUT FIRST WHAT IS OR IS NOT THERE...FUEL OR IGNITION
THEN ONCE YOU KNOW,, GET BACK TO ME..GOOD LUCK,,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS