Chevrolet Repair/I'm concerned that part I ordered may be wrong.

Question
Speed sensor showing connecting point
Speed sensor showing c  
Hello, Tom,

Thanks for your answers.

Actually, the junkyard approach may end up being the best, although I'd found some leads that seemed good for getting new part(s).  I'll explain:

GMPartsDirect answered an inquiry of mine, directing me toward a speed sensor connection kit, at http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&partnumber=19299616

One thing, though, is that their 3-to-5 business-day shipping estimate might not be in time for me to get that by Friday's last auto tuneup class.

I also looked up the same ACDelco item, PT2856 on RockAuto's website, and the kit appears to be only a set of various pigtail connectors.  Thus, it's a better deal for me to just buy the one correct pigtail connector.

From an online cross-reference, I came onto this part, a Pico Wiring 5652PT.  Here is the first website I recall looking at regarding this particular part.  It shows a clear picture of the item, which is important to my concern as to whether it's even the right part.

Here's the link: http://www.repairconnector.com/products/GM-Engine-Vehicle-Speed-Sensor-%7B47%7D-

The thing is, this looks to me as if it would work for pins that are "horizontal" (when looking at the speed sensor's plug area) instead of the "vertical" ones that my speed sensor actually has -- otherwise, it looks good.  However, maybe it IS okay for my speed sensor.  Can you tell if it is?  (I'll attach, again, the picture of the speed sensor opening, for easier reference.)

Also, here is the website for the actual part I ordered today from Summit Racing.  No one's been able to tell me for sure -- not even at a dealership -- what pigtail connector is right for my vehicle.  http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pco-5652pt/media/images

Thanks again.

-- George

Answer
HI GEORGE,THE GM PIG TAIL CONNECTOR LOOKS LIKE THIS WILL WORK FROM WHAT I CAN SEE AS LONG AS THE CONNECTOR FITS INSIDE THE SPEED SENSOR OK..THERE IS A LITLE CUT OUT ON THE PIG TAIL, YOU JUST HAVE TO MAKE SURE THIS FITS INSIDE THE SENSOR..I KNOW YOU WANT TO GET THIS DONE BEFORE FRIDAY LAST CLASS,BUT IF YOU CAN NOT THIS IS VERY EASY TO DO.  IF THE NEW CONNECTOR DOES NOT FIT GO TO THE JUNK YARD WITH YOUR OLD CONNECTOR AND JUST MATCH THEM UP..TAKE THE USED GOOD CONNECTOR AND SPICE THE WIRES TOGETHER WITH EITHER A BUTT CONNETOR OR SOLDER THEM AND THEN TAPE THEM TOGETHER,BUT BEFORE YOU SPLICE THE WIRES TOGETHER GET YOUR SELF SOME SHRINK SEALER [LOOKS LIKE A  STRAW.][PURCHASE AT ANY PART STORE CALLED SHRINK TUBING FOR WIRES]SLIDE THIS SHRINK TUBE OVER THE WIRES BEFORE CONNECTING THEM TOGETHER..  AFTER THE WIRES ARE CONNECTED SLIDE THE SHRINK SEALER OVER THE CONNECTIONS AND HEAT THE TUBING UP WITH A LIGHTER. JUST ENOUGH TO SHRINK THE TUBE AROUND THE WIRES NO MORE... THIS WILL SHRINK THE WIRES TOGETHER MAKING IT WATER TIGHT. THERE IS ONLY 2 WIRES TO CONNECT JUST MAKE SURE THAT THE YOU MATCH THE CONNECTOR UP WITH THE OLD CONNECTOR FOR THE CORRECT WIRE LOCATION IN THE PLUG..SIMPLE AS THAT. IF YOU RUN INTO ANY TROUBLE I WILL BE HERE WAITING TO HELP YOU OUT...ONCE AGAIN GOOD LUCK ,,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS