Chevrolet Repair/oil pressure light in chevy cavalier

Question
Have a 97 Chevy Cavalier, 2.2 L with 98K miles (though now I wonder as I purchased it used).

Problem is oil pressure light flickers after engine gets hot -- driving 30 minutes -- when coming to a stop and depressing the brake.  However, when the brake is not depressed, even in idle, the light goes off, and never goes on when driving.  Never hear any noises and engines runs smooth with good power.

Oil pan gasket cleaned two years ago when it originally happened fixed it

Started again recently -- oil change, then emptied and flushed with lubricated antifreeze, then put in good 20 5W oil

Is it the sensor or engine wear and what is your prognosis?

Answer
HI TOM,GREAT NAME BY THE WAY..THIS IS A VERY COMMON PROBLEM..GET YOURSELF A NEW GM OIL PRESSURE SWITCH, THIS WILL MORE THEN LIKELY TAKE CAR OF THE PROBLEM..IF AFTER THE SWITCH IS INSTALLED AND PROBLEM IS STILL THERE YOU WILL NEED TO GET THIS CHECKED WITH A MANUAL PRESS GAUGE TO CK THE PRESSURE..BUT I WILL BET THE SWITCH IS BAD...GET ONLY A [GM SWITCH] LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT..TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS