Chevrolet Repair/vent evap solenoid 08silverado 5.3

Question
QUESTION: My 08 already has 2 hose connections on it. 1 to a cannister and the other?  Do o need yo add yhis filter or just cut the hoses and add the part. Everything 07 and later is leading me to add the filter.  This means i am abandoning a hose under my truck!

ANSWER: HI MIKE THIS IS GM'S NEW METHOD OF PROTECTING THE SOLENOID..WE HAVE RELACED WITH AND WITHOUT THIS FILTER..I CAN NOR HONESTLY SAY THEY LAST ANY LONGER WITH OR WITHOUT THE FILTER..GM USUALLY SUPPLIES A NEW LONGER LINE TO PUT THIS FILTER IN, THEY WANT YOU TO RUN THIS NEW LINE UP UNDER THE CAB HELD UP BY TIE RAPS..WE WERE JUST BUYING THE SOLENOID AND NOT THE NEW LINE. BUT I HAVE HEARD THAT THIS MAYBE THE ONLY WAY TO PURCHASE NOW...GOOD LUCK,,TOM...

QUESTION: Thanks tom, sorry for the mispelling, using my phone.  I'll try relocating the solenoid on the other side of the frame.  Any idea where that other hose goes. 1 goes to quick connect 90 to canister and other disappears up thru engine compartment. Is this the side i would be adding the filter to. Thanks for the help Tom

Answer
HI MIKE,YES THIS IS THE SIDE YOU WOULD ADD IT TO..HOWEVER THERE IS A NEW UPDATED LINE FOR THIS FILTER.SO YOUR OLD LINE MAY NOT FIT THE FILTER.I WOULD SUGGEST GOING TO THE DEALER AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU A BLOW UP OF ALL THE NEW LINES THEY HAVE WITH FILTER AND ROUTING.NOT THAT EXPENSIVE..LET ME KNOW,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS