Chevrolet Repair/1995 s-10 2.2

Question
QUESTION: 1995 s-10  2.2    190,000 miles.
Gas in oil. Have changed fuel regulator.All spark plugs are sooty.

ANSWER: HI BRAD, IS THE FUEL INJ STAYING OPEN  ??? HAVE YOU CHECKED THE COOLANT TEMP SENSOR TO MAKE SURE THE SENSOR THINKS IT IS NOT -40 DEGREES..THIS SHOULD BE SCANNED FOR DATA TO CK THESE THINGS..WHEN YOU TURN THE ENG OFF CK TO SEE IF THE INJ IS DRIPPING FUEL,IF SO TIME FOR A NEW INJ...BUT IF THIS LOOKS OK YOU MAY HAVE A BAD OXYGEN SENSOR THAT IS TRYING TO RICHEN THIS ENG UP,BUT YOU WILL NOT KNOW THIS UNTILL YOU GET IT SCANNED AT A SHOP..JUST CK THE FUEL INJ AS I SAID AND SEE IF THERE IS FUEL DRIPPING OUT WHEN THE ENG IS OFF...THAT IS ABOUT THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO VISUALLY..GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND LET ME KNOW HOW THIS WORKS OUT FOR YOU,,,TOM..

QUESTION: My 2.2 has one injector per cyl.cannot see if dripping.Will change sensors & let you know.Thanks

Answer
HI BRAD IF YOU HAD A FUEL GAUGE AND HOOKED IT UP TO THE FUEL RAIL YOU COULD SEE IF THE PRESSURE WAS DROPPING AFTER SHUTING ENGINE OFF. SHOULD STAY PRESSURIZED, THIS WOULD AVOID ALOT OF EXTRA TIME AND MONEY ON THINGS THAT MAY NOT BE NEEDED...IF THIS HAS A LONG CRANK TIME TO START UP AFTER SITTING A WHILE, I SUSPECT A FUEL INJ LEAK..LET ME KNOW,,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS