Chevrolet Repair/2001 chev cavalier stalling

Question
QUESTION: I have a 2001 chev cavalier, 2.2L, manual transmission.  Within the last two weeks, my car has been stalling while driving, all times happening around the same distance travelled.  When it starts to act up, there is no responsiveness when I try to accelerate. By the time I slow down and pull over, the car starts to stall, still not taking fuel.  After it stalls, I can start it but it runs very poorly (low, rough idle) and is burning rich.(still won't accept fuel, but can smell it)  About 10-15 mins. later, I can start the car, and it runs alright for about 5 kms or so, then the process begins again.  So far, I have had the module replaced, fuel filter replaced, a new crank sensor, and fuel pressure is ok.  Is there anything else you could suggest. Also, no codes come up.  I and my mechanic are stumped by this.

ANSWER: HI STEPHEN,,WELL THIS IS TOUGH TO SAY BECAUSE IT COULD BE A FEW THINGS. THIS REALLY NEEDS TO BE SCANNED WITH A SCAN TOOL FOR [LIVE DATA] NOT JUST ACTIVE CODES..YOUR TECH COULD GET INTO FREEEZE FRAMES AND HISTORY DATA WITH THE SCAN TOOL. MAYBE YOUR TECH HAS TRIED THIS I DON'T KNOW..BUT THIS IS WHAT OUR SHOP WOULD DO..BUT I WILL TAKE A GOOD GUESS FOR YOU IF YOU WOULD LIKE..THIS TO ME SOUNDS LIKE A TYPICAL MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR PROBLEM..THIS WOULD ALSO EXPLAIN THE RICH FUEL MIXTURE AND NO PERFORMANCE FROM TIME TO TIME..THIS MAS AIR FLOW MOST OFTEN WILL NOT SHOW A CODE. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT WITH THIS AND IF I CAN HELP OUT FURTHER AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU...TOM...

QUESTION: thanks Tom... I gave you some wrong info on this. The fuel mixture was lean, and luckily, the car acted up close enough to the shop that another pressure test could be conducted on the fuel pump.  It was giving 11lbs. instead of around 50.  Ten minutes later, he did another one and it was back up to 50.  I never heard of a fuel pump "going bad" before, either they are good or bad, I thought.  However, that will be put in tomorrow and we shall see what happens.  
Thanks for your help.

Answer
HI STEPHEN, YES I HAVE HAD MANY FUEL PUMPS TO THIS SAME THING...ALSO TELL THEM TO CK THE WIRING ON TOP OF THE FUEL PUMP SENDING UNIT,WE HAVE FOUND MANY BURNDED WIRING HARNESS IN THIS SPOT WHIICH WILL ALSO CAUSE THIS SAME PROBLEM...THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME ON THIS AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU...ALSO THANKS FOR THE GOOD RATING !!! TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS