Chevrolet Repair/2002 Suburban 1500 2WD

Question
QUESTION: Drove the vehicle yesterday about 10 mi.  Had a meeting for 1 1/2 hours, came out and no sign of life in the vehicle.  No int. lights or anything.  The only electrical life sign is the red anti-theft light below the steering column.  Will not turn over when key is inserted, no gauges or anything.  What can I do?

ANSWER: HI CJ,DID YOU TRY TO JUMP THIS ? DID YOU CK BATTERY FOR VOLTAGE ???? NO DOME LIGHT OR NOTHING CORRECT ??? EITHER BATTERY OR FUESABLE LINK AT THE STARTER..WORSE CASE IS THE BCM [BODY CONTROL MODULE] GET BACK TO ME WITH SOME MORE INFO IF YOU CAN...TOM..

QUESTION: New battery, charge is good. Jump attempt got nothing, not even interior lights etc.  I've got no gauges or anything.  Would the fuseable link at the starter cut power to the whole car?  If you think it is the BCM, how can I test it?  This has been an awesome, reliable vehicle, so I'm kind of stumped.  Thanks for your help!

Answer
HI CJ,I AM NOT SURE IF THIS TRUCK HAS A FUSEABLE LINK TO THE STARTER WITHOUT LOOKING AT MY WIRING DIAGRAM AND I AM AT HOME TODAY...IF YOU CAN GET DOWN TO THE STARTER AND CK FOR A LINK THAT WOULD BE THE EASIEST TO DO. YES IF THIS LINK IS BAD IT CAN KILL POWER TO THE CAB..ALSO CK THE WIRING GOING INTO THE FUSE AND RELAY BOX UNDER THE HOOD FOR ANY LOOSE CONNECTIONS OR BURNED WIRING..AS FAR AS CHECKING A BAD BCM YOU WILL NEED TO GET THIS SCANNED AT A REPAIR SHOP THAT HAS A GM SOFTWARE TO READ LIVE DATA FROM THERE SCAN TOOL...BUT CK ALL THE WIRING AT THE FUSE BOX FIRST..ALSO CK FOR 12 VOLTS DOWN TO THE STARTER TO MAKE SURE THIS CONNECTION FROM THE BATTERY IS GOOD.IT MY LOOK GOOD BUT IS NOT..GET A VOLT METER WANT TO SEE 12+ VOLTS ON THE MAIN POST AT THE STARTER..IF YOU JUMP THIS MAIN POST WITH THE SMALL POST ON THE SOLENOID THE STARTER SHOULD CRANK IF ALL CONNECTIONS ARE GOOD. LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.GOOD LUCK,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS