Chevrolet Repair/96 c1500 4.3 vortec sputters

Question
QUESTION: I have a 96 c 1500 chevy. Ive replaced the egr.maf.iat sensor.all 3oxygen sensors.cleaned out the.
cat.replaced the coil and fuel puel and screen.itll start fine idle fine.rev it up and it sputters bad.drive down road.no power barely touch pedal or while driveing jerks sputters no power.or power lose.any ideas.iv also used seafoam one can 21 gallons of gas.very little difference.can u help please. Thank you.

ANSWER: GOOD MORN DUG,THIS SOUNDS LIKE A INTERNAL PROBLEM RATHER THEN IGNITION OR FUEL FAULT..HAVE YOU CHECKED THE TIMING ON THIS ??? ALSO WOULD SUGGGEST TAKING TO A SHOP THAT CAN RUN LIVE DATA ON THIS COMPUTER TO CK AND SEE IF ALL LOOKS GOOD..IAM NOT TALKING CODES [DATA].THE NO POWER IS USUALLY TIMING JUMPED OR PLUGGED EXHAUST..YOU SAY YOU CLEANED OUT THE CAT..HOW DO YOU CLEAN OUT A CAT ??? DID YOU PUNCH IT OUT ??? BECAUSE YOU CANT CLEAN A CAT..I HAVE SEEN ONCE IN A GREAT WHILE THE IGN CONTROL MODULE WILL CAUSE THIS...JUST TO MAKE SURE THE EXH IS NOT THE PROBLEM, REMOVE THE OXYGEN SENSORS BEFORE THE CAT AND DRIVE IT LIKE THIS JUST AS A TEST TO SEE IF THIS IMPROVES YOUR PROBLEM.IF SO WE KNOW THE EXH IS AT FAULT..LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE ABOVE INFO AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM..

QUESTION: K iv had a data link computer connected.my timing is good.didnt show nothing.but to codes one was .po 131 wich i took out that sensor.it made a big difference.now its still comes up with po 133 and p.sensoro 151 iv already changed these.can u recommend a solution on how to fix the low voltage probs no.runs a lot better.had sme pluggage n muffler as well changed that.today.still tends to sputter more so between 1.5 rpm up to 2.5 area.k thank you again.

ANSWER: HI DOUG,I AM AT A LOSS ABOUT THE PO133 AND P SENSOSRO 151IV ??? LOW VOLTAGE PROBS NO. ??? WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ?? I THINK THESE ARE TYPOS ???? WHEN YOU SAY SLUGGISH DO YOU MEAN NO POWER LIKE BOGS DOWN LIKE A FLAT SPOT ON THE GAS PEDAL..SUCH AS MAYBE A BAD [TPS] THROTTLE POSITIONING SENSOR ?? LET ME KNOW AND I WILL TRY TO HELP YOU ,,,TOM

QUESTION: Im sorry po 131 is 02sensor circuit,low voltage (cylnder bank no 1)
Po 151 is 02 sensor circuit,low voltage (cylnder bank no 2,sensor no 1)
Both codes make check enegne light to come on.i can stop and turn off then back on.
Vehicle and theyll do it again n about ten miles.give or take a couple.any ideal
On why its says this.every thing else does good.my exhaust is dual n to single back to dual.
I have 3 inch exhaust on truck.k thank u again.

Answer
HI DOUG,THESE CODES MEAN THE ENG IS RUNNING LEAN..VACUUM LEAKS CAN CAUSE THIS,FAULTY MASS AIR FLOW,[I KNOW YOU HAVE REPLACED THIS]PLUGGED AIR FILTER,BAD GAS.CK AIR INTAKE PAST THE MASS AIR FLOW TO SEE IF THERE IS A SPLIT IN IT.THIS WILL CAUSE ALEAN CONDITION AS WELL...RECHECK YOUR STEPS ON THE MASS AIR FLOW..IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE THAT IF YOU GOT A AFTERMARKET MASS AIR FLOW IT IS NO GOOD..DID YOU GET IT FROM GM [ I BET YOU DID NOT ]UNPLUG THE MASS AIR FLOW AND DRIVE IT LIKE THIS TO SEE WHAT KIND OF CODES YOU PULL LIKE THIS,IT WILL NOT RUN GREAT BUT SHOULD RUN ENOUGH TO PULL SOME NEW CODES FROM THE PCM.YOU WILL GET A OPEN MASS AIR FLOW CIRCUIT OFF THE BAT OF COURSE..LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GET...TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS